Time Management Training: Surviving Avalanche Email
Comprehensive instruction for busy professionals to increase productivity and survive email overload
Reclaim valuable time! Stop being overwhelmed! Come up for air!
Let Surviving Avalanche Email help you handle the deluge of email dumping into your Inbox every day with the following in-depth instruction modules filled with creative ideas.
Bring the program to your company and customize your instruction from Outlook techniques, email etiquette or email image.
Access a full curriculum of Time Management Training
Outlook Techniques for Surviving Email
Personal control over the inbox will seem easy with information on little known Microsoft Outlook shortcuts and advanced tips for:
- Using click and drag techniques between the Inbox and other Outlook folders
- Automating email sorting so “Do Now’s” and “Do Soon’s” are not lost
- Uncluttering the Inbox so it is not a holding place for “Waiting for …”
- Routing incoming emails to appropriate folders
- Establishing group email lists
- Organizing with color
- Using the rules wizard
- Reducing the time it takes to moving through messages
Outlook techniques are demonstrated and participants are given a comprehensive handout for quick reference after the program.
Email etiquette is discussed inside and out, upside and down. What is written in email is a permanent record of your conversation, therefore this module delivers tips on what to do and what not to do in emails. In addition, participants will learn how to:
- Write meaningful subject lines
- Format emails with a clear beginning, middle and end
- Compose emails that save reading time for others
- Reduce the number of incoming messages
- Spend less time writing responses
- Retain clarity in multi-threaded discussions
- Respond to sensitive vs. nonsensitive messages
Email and Image
- Say negative things in a positive way
- Create rapport with customers and team members
- Deal with upset customers or team members
- Take care to be clear with pronouns, concepts, and places
- Tidy up sloppy grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Use abbreviations and emoticons when appropriate
- Use succinct language
- Ask clear questions
Benefits of Training: The value of this training is immediate as participants start processing their email and cleaning up their Inbox. They have the tools to survive email overload.
“Internalize the principles in this program and you’ll no longer rush to your computer to clean out emails between meetings or interrupt your vacation to read email just so your email doesn’t bury you!” ~Karla Brandau
Karla was quoted in an article on the Comidor site entitled Strategies to be a Mail Box Champion.
Emails Only, Please: 10 Reasons Phone Calls Area A Waste of Time http://emailson.ly